Monday, April 16, 2012

To paint or not to paint?

I love flipping through the latest shelter magazine and seeing something we have in the shop in a spread. Must mean we're doing something right around here. I saw this in the May 2012 issue of Elle Decor:

Took a few seconds until I realized that I sit eight feet away from that chair everyday.

It's got great shape and it's surprisingly really comfortable. Part of me wants to spray paint it a shiny bright color. Let's be honest, I see any piece of furniture and my immediate thought is to paint it. Think that would ruin it? What would you do - leave it au natural or spray it to change things up? I immediately thought of these examples of fun painted chairs...





Thoughts? Don't worry, I'm not actually going to paint this chair. Claire would probably murder me!

-Kathryn.

1 comment:

lizziefitz said...

I found a pair of chairs that are similar in Charleston. The finish is not as beautiful as yours( don't paint) . I am going to paint mine a glossy coral ;)
PS I love your shop!!! I wear my initial necklace from my last visit all the time:)